Although I'm a landscaper by trade up until a few years ago I was unable to have my own gardens. I was aware of Daylilies of course since I was in the Horticultural field, but my knowledge was pretty much limited to the "wild" orange Tiger lilies from when I grew up and the occasional yellow variety, as well at the limited choice that my plant suppliers had available.

I knew I wanted to grow Daylilies in my garden because they are such a low maintenance plant with great rewards and usually you will find that the last thing a landscaper wants to do when they get home is well, landscape.

I turned to the internet and fell in LOVE with the 1000's of varieties available from around the country!

I started this blog to share the photos of my Daylilies with friends and family and hopefully anyone that is interested in learning more about the hundred or so that I am presently growing. I will be adding photos on a regular basis. Please click on each one to enlarge it.

If you enjoy my blog please click on the advertisements, you don't have to do anything other than that. It doesn't cost you anything but it does earn me money and that way I can continue to buy new Daylilies to show you.

Thankyou very much!


Saturday, January 28, 2012

Transcendent Artistry Daylily

  I love the blend of violet/lavender and white on this 4 1/4" bloom.  Even though it's what I consider a smaller flower, the colors on this one really makes it stand out.  An early to midseason slightly fragrant variety standing 24 to 36" tall is also a rebloomer.  I don't recall where I purchased this from and unfortunately in my recent search, the only place I found it is not selling daylilies at this time due to moving their stock.  Maybe you'll have better luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment